Back pain is one of the leading reasons most patients seek chiropractic services at Hanes Total Healthcare Center in Chillicothe, OH. Our chiropractor understands that back pain can prevent you from doing what you love, so we provide effective treatment to bring your life back on track.
Common Causes of Back Pain
Your back is made of many nerves, joints, bones, ligaments, and tendons. If there is a malfunction in these structures, you will likely experience back pain. The common causes of back pain include:
- Osteoarthritis: When the cartilage of the discs cushioning your vertebrae wears down, bones may rub against each other, causing back pain and stiffness.
- Injury: Auto accidents, falls, slips, and work-related activities may cause damage to your back structures, causing pain.
- Sciatica: When the sciatica nerve is pinched, you may experience low back pain that radiates from the back to the legs through the buttocks.
- Osteoporosis: As you grow older, your bones may become fragile, increasing the risk of breakage.
- Scoliosis: The abnormal curvature of the spine may compress the spinal nerves, leading to pain.
- Spinal stenosis: The narrowing down of the vertebrae column may press the spinal nerves, causing back pain.
While there are many causes of back pain, many of them can be treated by our experienced chiropractors.
How Do Chiropractors Treat Back Pain?
If you have a nagging back pain that won't go away, you can get relief from chiropractic care. Chiropractors use natural remedies to treat the root cause of the pain. No drugs and no surgeries — chiropractors use natural treatments that trigger the body's self-healing properties.
Here are some chiropractic treatments used to relieve back pain:
- Spinal adjustments: This treatment aligns the spinal joints to remove restrictions or subluxations that cause back pain.
- Massage therapy: Soft tissue injuries are massaged away by the chiropractor, resulting in reduced pain and inflammation.
- Nutrition counseling: Chiropractors may recommend a healthy diet to boost healing and reduce inflammation.
- Dry needling: This is a non-invasive treatment that reduces pain caused by tight muscle knots. It uses special needles to stimulate pain trigger points under the skin. The treatment reduces pain and swelling.
Seek Chiropractic Treatment for Back Pain Today!
Back pain can exhibit as a dull, stabbing, or stinging ache. Whether your back pain is minor or severe, you shouldn't continue braving the pain. Seek chiropractic services for pain relief. Hanes Total Healthcare Center in Chillicothe, OH, can help sort out your back pain once and for all. Call 740-772-5957 for an appointment.