At Hanes Total Healthcare Center, we have provided residents of Chillicothe, OH, with natural and effective chiropractic care for many years. This includes the diagnosis and treatment of sciatica. Read on to learn more about sciatic nerve pain and how we treat it.
Doctors and chiropractic professionals have several ways they can test for the source of sciatica pain. These include imaging tests such as an X-ray, MRI, CT scan, and Electromyography. These tests search for the irregular electrical activity generated by damaged nerves.
Our chiropractor will diagnose sciatica and other health problems with a thorough evaluation. The chiropractor will recommend the least invasive test first, moving to the more invasive tests as needed if the source of sciatica pain is not discovered.
Chiropractic Treatments for Sciatica
Our chiropractic professional can offer a range of effective treatments for sciatica to reduce pain, improve flexibility, and reduce the likelihood of further injury. These treatments include:
- Manual Adjustments: This therapy realigns the spinal vertebra to improve communication along the spinal column and reduce the subluxation.
- Insight Subluxation: This technique uses neuro-spinal screening to allow our chiropractor to evaluate the patient and track changes over time.
- Activator Technique: A form of adjustment using a specialized device known as an activator. It is designed to deliver an effective adjustment with minimal force.
- Strong Posture Rehabilitation: A series of back and core muscle strengthening techniques designed to develop support for the spine for better posture.
- Therapeutic Massage: Improves circulation to muscles, joints, and connective tissues for better flexibility and optimal healing.
- Kinesio Taping: The application of a therapeutic tape that strengthens weak supporting muscles.
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation: This therapy uses electric pulses to target specific muscles to activate and strengthen them.
In addition to the treatments listed above, our chiropractor may prescribe and/or provide massage therapy is an effective method of improving blood flow and promoting flexibility, which is essential to full and proper healing. Nutritional counseling and lifestyle changes are also important ways that our chiropractor can work with the patient to reduce sciatica pain and lower the risk of developing new sciatica in the future.
Find Sciatica Treatment in Chillicothe, OH
Call Hanes Total Healthcare Center today at (740) 772-5957 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.